Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

so I have a slight confession to make....I am slightly embarassed at this fact, but after hearing all the hub dub about the book series Twilight and the movie I decided to check it out for myself. I thought the whole premise was pretty dumb, I mean a girl dates a vampire. Anyway, the last week of school one of the girls on my floor who also felt the same way about the whole twilight phenomenon decided to buy the book to see what it was all about. Well that evening while trying to decide what movie to watch we all decided that we could see the movie to see what the big deal is. Well we had a couple hours to kill so one girl suggested that she should read us a bit from the book. Sarah ended up reading a couple of chapters. They were very good. Then we saw the movie. Ended up being really good too. So monday I decided to buy the book myself and read the rest of it. Got so entranced that I finished the 500 page book in one day. The book also included the first chapter from the second book so I read that chapter too and now I have to read the second book. Walmart didn't have it so I ordered it off of Amazon and it is supposed to arrive tomorrow, actually it was supposed to arrive yesterday but the weather caused delays. Anyway, I haven't been able to really concentrate the past couple days because I want to find out what happens in the book.

So yes, I am slightly ashamed to say I am becoming a big fan of Twilight. Let's just say it's more than a simple, girl falls in love with a vampire. the book is great not because the guy is a vampire but despite the fact he is. It is a really great love story and I do think if any of you girls are in need of a book to read, you should maybe give the book a chance. oh and please don't make fun of me for liking it....believe me I never thought I would in the beginning lol.

anyway I hope everyone had a great Christmas and is staying safe traveling!!

4 comments:

staceelianna said...

I've read the twilight books! I cant wait for you to finish to see what you think of the last book. I wont spoil anything but i very much agree the first book is very amazing :]

Unknown said...

oh amanda lol... i love Jasper... we will most certainly have to discuss :/

Nicky Stade said...

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! *pointing* HAHAHA!!

Okay, no really, I'm just kidding. I've never read the books, but I hang out with some pretty big fans, so I think I get it. I guess. ;o)

just_me_tiff said...

haha i love it!