Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My Nerves!

So tonight I had to present my research for my school. I was soooo nervous! At the conference I went to a couple weeks ago, we only had like 12 or 15 people, today there were tons more plus some of my professors. Me and my partner had to go first too so it made it even more nerve wrecking. Luckily the stats proffesor couldn't come tonight because he asks the hard questions about the statitstics of the results. But one of my teachers did ask some questions but I answered them. He tried to ask something where he had the significant differences wrong and I was like, "nope that is not the group we had a difference in" lol. basically our study showed if the message delivery type had an effect in retention of sermons. we had three groups: audio, audio/visual, and typewritten. Audio people remembered more than type written so when he was asking a question he was mentioning audio visual and I had to explain that audio visual was not significantly different from either two and that it fell in the middle. He then tried to argue that typewritten is a type of visual so I said "for our study audio/visual was when they watched and listened to the sermon" lol. Then in one of my discussion questions that was a part of my presentation I suggested a possible reason for why people retained more who were in the audio as opposed to the typewritten. He asked me what research I had to back up that reason and so I just said, "I don't, its just speculation" lol. Basically I think he was just trying to get me to defend my results, and I think I did a halfway decent job, I just felt like I was arguing with my teacher which was awkward because I don't ever do that. But he did compliment the complexity of our designed and said that it was really well thought and planned out. We were the only group he complimented out loud to. All in all it went well. I'm glad its over and the nerves are gone.

In other news I've decorated my room for christmas. sad thing is the lights are not staying up on my window or my wall. I made a star out of christmas lights and it won't stay up. It makes me sad to remake it 2 or 3 times a day....:( but i do love my tree and my nativity scene!!!

oh and tonight was our campus's tree lighting ceremony. Not too many people went, but we sang christmas songs. it was fun lol.

time for bed!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm so glad it went well! hooray for you!!

i sang christmas songs on the way home from school tonight, i love christmas..

...oh and you should go see Australia!! it's good... but it's so sad... but then hugh jackman is so cute!

just_me_tiff said...

*yay* it sounds like you did a really great job! I do NOT miss that part of psychology at all lol. and yes! you totally need to post pictures!