Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Another Year Older

So yesterday was my birthday. Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes! And thank you Maggie for your blog! lol!

I did not have any classes yesterday so I got up about 9:30ish and ate some breakfast and did some pilates. then I got myself all ready to go to lunch in the Caf. It was "Welcome Back Fun Day" so they had thrown rolls and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies they were passing out and you could get a funnel cake and put whatever you wanted on it. I put powdered sugar and strawberries. It felt as if the school was celebrating my birthday it was nice!

Then I went to work for a couple hours. Sad thing was that I got two papercuts. One right in the middle of my hand and right after that happened I got one on a finger on the other hand.

After I got done working I went to the post office to pick up a package I got from Denise. She sent me a copy of the Twilight soundtrack! It is amazing!! Then me and my friends went out to eat. The original plan was to go to Lamberts, home of the hot thrown rolls. I was excited because I had found out you get to eat free on your birthday. So I pull into the parkinglot where there were not too many vehicles and I was like "yay, not a long wait" then I saw the sign that said "Lamberts closed due to maintenance".

So we then went downtown to this little Italian restaraunt called Nonnas. I've eaten there a couple times before. I love the atmosphere and the food so it was great. Then when we got back we watched American Idol and a few episodes of the Office. I chose the three birthday episodes lol. My suitemate Mallory bought an icecream pie from Braums.

All in all I had a great birthday and surprisingly I did feel older. Maybe it was because I was sore from Pilates in the morning lol!

So I am coming home this weekend because we do have a four day weekend thanks to Martin Luther King. Plus its the weekend after my birthday and sunday is my nephew's birthday. Today it just clicked that I don't have classes on Tuesdays ever so I don't get a four day weekend, but I get a 5 day weekend! I get to stay in town an extra day. I don't have to head back till Tuesday afternoon!!! I'm so excited!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm glad you had an amazing birthday!!

and now you get to listen to the twilight soundtrack on your long drive home!!! (:

just_me_tiff said...

*yay* amanda is home for five days!!!