Monday, December 21, 2009

First Day of Winter

Well it is officially winter. My this year is going by quickly.

I guess I should mention that I have a brand new kitten at my apartment! His name is Moses. Sometime soon I will post a picture of the cutie. We call him Mose for short. He has a fascination with toes and fingers though. It is frustrating in the morning when I am trying to get ready for the day and I have a little kitten biting my toes.

I wasn't planning on getting a cat, mainly because my roommate is not a cat person at all. This same roommate surprised me on Wednesday evening when she mentioned that a lady she works with just rescued a cat and two kittens and is looking for homes for the kittens. So she asked me if I wanted one of them (recently we have seen signs at our apartments saying that pets are now free). I looked at her and my response was "would you let me get a cat?" It definitely shocked me that she suggested it. So of course then I told her what all we would have to do in order for me to get this cat like having a litterbox and where the best place for it would be and of course needing to get it declawed. So that evening we went to Walmart and I spent quite a bit on things for a kitten and then Aimee's coworker brought the little guy and his sister over.

He's cute, but of course he does have his moments of being a pain in the butt. But I'm happy to have him. Since we don't quite trust him yet, we have kept him in the bathroom at night and while we are at work so he doesn't get into trouble. Last night we attempted to let him in the bedroom and bathroom since he was being a whiney butt the night before and crying loudly in the bathroom. Let's just say he ended the night being locked back up in the bathroom. He hasn't quite figured out that we can't play with him anytime he wants to play. I was woken up a couple of times with a purring and meowing furball in my face and a scratching and biting on my arms. I think Aimee was the one to put him in the bathroom.

I also gave him his first bath last night. He was not a fan, but I did not get scratched. He quickly forgave me though and fell asleep in my lap. I'm glad he is now clean.

Well tomorrow after work, me and little mose are headed to IL for Christmas. I'm excited for everyone to meet him except for Whiskers. I'm keeping the little guy far away from that animal. Whiskers would definitely eat Moses.

No comments: