Thursday, January 7, 2010

First Blog of the New Year

I'm sitting at work and I'm about to fall asleep at my desk, so I figured I could blog within my last 30 minutes of work (or less).

Christmas came and went. I had fun on my break, but it was too short. I did stay a couple days longer than I originally was going to, but I'm very glad I did. Got to spend New Years with Kolby, Tiffany, Brad, Nicole, Audrey, and some of the people from church back home.

As far as New Years Resolutions go, I didn't really make any. I do hope to spend more time in Bible study this year (always seems to be my goal every new year). I also decided since it is very dangerous to quit texting and driving. It was an aweful habit to ever start. My main problem with it is when I'm driving that 5 hours back and forth between MO and IL. But for the safety of others and myself, no more!

My new kitten Moses has been crazy. He enjoys attention far too much. Some days he drives me crazy, other days I find him absolutely adorable. The other day I gave him another bath (3rd time since I got him) because he decided to play in his litter box. He hated it, but he deserved the bath. Maybe it will teach him not to play in that litter box. What I need to do tonight is sweep in the bathroom cuz he has made a mess with the litter all over the bathroom floor. It's disgusting.

When I got back to my apartment from Christmas break, I decided to reorganize my closet and finally declutter my room. My bookshelf is nice and organized and so is my desk.

After my roommates got back, Aimee and I went to the grocery store on Sunday to buy food since our apartment basically had none. When we got back, we had purchased a lot of stuff so I decided to clean off my shelf in the cabinet (we all have individual shelves for the food we purchase for ourselves). Threw out a lot of stuff I never eat (mainly open boxes of cookies, cereal bars, etc). Now my shelf is nice and clean and organized with new food (plus some of the other stuff that is still good like chicken noodle soup and popcorn). I had also purchased a big package of papertowels (one of those 8 roll packs). We put our napkins and papertowels up in the top shelf of that cabinet. When I went to place these papertowel rolls where they belong, I noticed my third roommate had already purchased another big pack. In order to make room for what I bought, I was going to have to grab a chair and reorganize that top shelf. As I began taking things off that shelf, a stinch just came across me. As I mention "it smells funky up here,"
I see a big bunch of fruitflies sitting in the back of the cabinet and then looked at the rotting bag of potatoes. I immediately start shouting "eww!!!! this smell!!! disgusting!!! old bag of potatoes!!!" and leap of the chair and run to the other side of the room covering up my face. My roommates laughed a lot at me. But then it came time to work together to dispose of the potatoes and clean. Basically after Kim discarded the bag, I ventured back up there and killed all the flies with lysol, and then Aimee scrubbed the mess. All I have to say is that was not my bag of potatoes because I don't eat them. And we now have a new house rule called, "take the time to put things away nicely and don't shove things in cabinets just to make them fit because you never know what might be behind it and won't see until a million fruitflies and several months later."

Well my time at work is about over. Hopefully I stay awake for the last 4 minutes. I did get interupted during this blog. Like I just got interrupted. Haha. Oh well. I should be working anyway.

2 comments:

Nicky Stade said...

I've had the potato thing happen to me before...it was a terrible lesson to learn the hard way. LOL

just_me_tiff said...

i'm so glad you stayed longer!!