Tuesday, May 26, 2009

ready for some rest

so this past weekend was the third weekend in a row I came home. Luckily this was a longer weekend because I took Friday off for Ashley's rehearsal dinner so I got to come home Thursday night and then Monday was Memorial Day so I didn't have to head back until then.

I got my first big paycheck today. Not as big as it could have been due to taxes of course. I always forget that the bigger the paycheck, the more that gets taken out. Oh well. The main thing that stinks is the big chunk taken out for Social Security because I know this is money that I probably will never see.

Anyway, this past weekend was great although very busy. Friday I had went to my dad's school to help him out in his classroom, then of course afterwards went to the rehearsal dinner for Ashley's wedding. Saturday started bright and early because we all had to be at Maggie's shop at 8am. Around 10:30 or so we went to the church to get pictures taken. Wedding was at 2. After the wedding was more pictures then the reception. Didn't get to the reception till a little after 4. Didn't get served dinner till close to 6. Didn't get home till close to 10. All in all a very tiring day in a dress and heels. Sunday was church, helping my brother prepare his livingroom for paint, potluck at the church, and an evening full of catchphrase and daisy of love. Then Monday I slept in till 9:15 (first time I've been able to sleep in since before finals the last weeek of april), saw my nephews, at lunch with my parents, and headed back to ol' missouri.

I'm looking forward to this weekend to relax. It looks like one of my roommates will be working all weekend so I should have some nice time to myself to relax and do whatever. I can't wait! Not that I don't like spending time with my roommates, its just I haven't had really any time in the apartment to myself. I'm going to sleep in and clean and read and watch movies and maybe put together a puzzle.

In other news, normally I am freezing in the office, but today I'm sweating. I guess the people in charge of the air either know how to turn it on full blast or off completely. I guess there is no happy medium.

1 comment:

just_me_tiff said...

aww man you aren't coming home again?? j/k i knew that you weren't!