Thursday, April 30, 2009

Brand New Day

So as of yesterday afternoon, I was finished with my last final of being an undergraduate! Today I sign the lease to my apartment, begin moving in, show my parents where I work and my new apartment, have baccalauriate (yes, I still can't spell), and move some more stuff in.

So wanna hear an ironic story? wel I'm going to tell you anyway...
I've been in need of some furniture for my apartment since my parents didn't want to deal with the hassel of taking kolby's and tiffany's old furniture (sorry tiff). I wanted something still decent for really cheap. Hard to do. Here on campus, at the end of the year they allow you to put in the lobby of your dorms any unwanted things like clothes, furniture, shelves, etc. This pile goes to the auxillery garage sale. If you want anything placed in this pile you can go ahead and pick it up before they take it. Some people had taken chairs and stuff placed in that pile. I was on a lookout. Tuesday night there was a couch put out there, but it had no legs so I didn't want it. Now I remebered late Tuesdya night that last year 2nd semester when I got to have my own room in the dorms, my RA had a loveseat she was getting rid of. She allowed me to have it for my room. I took good care of it and it was comfy. At the end of the semester though I decided I was going to give it away because I had no place to store it for the summer. I gave it to a girl who lives in the same building as me. So tuesday night I was wishing that I had kept it so I would have it now. I had an 8am final yesterday morning. After getting done with that final I walked through the lobby and lo and behold, there sat that loveseat I was thinking of! so I immediately went to my room grabbed a piece of paper and a sharpie and wrote "claimed" across the paper. I then flew back down stairs and placed it on the loveseat and called my future roommate.

God definitly provides! lol!

ok, i know, lame story. but its the small things like this that make me happy and remind me that God will always be there to take care of my needs and more!

Ok, got to go. loading up my car!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that is so awesome! and God does definitely provide!! you better post lots of pictures of graduation and your new place!

just_me_tiff said...

yay i'm so happy for you amanda!! congrats :)