Saturday, June 13, 2009

I Am Not My Own

So this morning while balancing my checkbook and writing my tithe check I came to realize something. Well not really realize it, but its just something I've always known, just not something that I think about often enough. As I was writing my tithe check (which is for my church back home because I still feel like its "my church" so my tithe should go there, and it ended up being one check for 3 paychecks' tithes) I thought about how I shouldn't care about how this money is money I cannot spend on useless worldy things because it is God's money anyway. I suddenly felt peace when I thought about how I am only a steward of God's money so I shouldn't worry about having enough money for things. I am not my own. Everything I have is given to me by God, I just have to be sure to make sure I use His money for the things I need. God provides me with everything I have (clothes, food, etc.). I belong to God. Its an amazing peace to feel. Of course it always brings me back to the book of Matthew where Jesus preaches on not worrying. The birds never worry about having food to eat, and God provides food for them. The flowers never worry about clothes to wear, and God clothes them. How much more does God care for us, His children!

Like I said before, this is something I have always known, just never brouth to the front of my mind. Its amazing how God takes these things that you already know and gives you a new peace about it.

No comments: